History of Burlington
In 1967, Mil-Oro Manufacturing was established as a company that manufactures Men’s, Ladies’, and Children’s socks and accessories. During the early 70’s, the company transferred to San Antonio Village, Makati City where an additional plant and machinery were acquired to produce more products. Currently, Burlington Industries is the trademark owner of Burlington, Biofresh, Puma, Bally, Camp, Dri+, OMO and Knit. The company manufactures a full range of socks designs including sports socks, dress socks, casual socks, trouser socks, foot cover, stockings and school socks. And, with a solid track record in the hosiery industry, Burlington is known as “The Socks Authority” and continues to enjoy patronage from institutional clients such as the SM group, Robinson’s group and other clients and distributors.
Rapid Recap: Achievements of Burlington
- 1970 - Acquired machines that products 7.4% production everyday and moved to Makati
- 1994 - Changed their name to Burlington Industries Philippines Incorporated
- 2009 - Seal of Excellence awarded for BioFresh Foot Care products and Top 25 Concessionaires from Robinsons Department Store
- 2014 - Expanded their product line including UG
- 2015 - Best Concessionaire award of Metro Department Store
- 2017 - Expanded line including leather products
- 2020 - Expanded their product line including facemasks
- 2022 - Achieved to be certified ISO 9001-2008 International Standards by TUV Rheinland Cert GMBH with ID number: 9105042003 and Expanded their product line including footwear
- 2023 - Trademark owners of Biofresh, Puma, Bally, OMO, Knit, Camp, Dri+
What is Burlington known for?
Quality and Durability
- Burlington Industries focuses to provide quality products to their consumers by developing quality objectives and planning ways to achieve them. The company ensures consistency in all the products they manufacture as well as ensuring that the products will last long to the consumers. Additionally, Burlington Industries uses a high quality of material called Cotton USA, known for its best and highest quality of cotton in the world.
Comfort and Protection
- Of course, Burlington Industries is not only known for quality, the company loves to make consumers comfortable and protected all throughout the day. Burlington develops products that are intended for a specific use such as a wide variety of sports socks perfect for different sports. They also use different technology and features with their products such as AEROCOOL Technology, perfect for a quick dry and cool feeling, Antimicrobial Technology, that kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses keeping feet fresh and odor-free all day. And Quick Dri Technology, a sweat wicking solution that addresses the concerns of people with sweat problems.
- With over 50 years in the Industry, Burlington was able to develop different products and adapt with current trends in the market. Continuous product development is what makes the company gain competitive advantage. Burlington ensures to offer the right and perfect products that fit different styles and preferences of the consumers.
Burlington Industries’ Best Products
Burlington Industries is not only good at developing new products, but they are also active with their Corporate Social Responsibilities with different communities.
February of 2023, Burlington x Makati City Police
Love was definitely in the air last February, as the company partnered with the Makati City Police to spread positivity and enlighten the days of the people. Through the Burlington Cares program, the company was able to deliver supplies to the detainees of the Makati City Local Jail. The feeling of being away with loved ones is devastating, and to show care and concern to others, this is truly a heartwarming initiative to make a difference in their lives.
November of 2022, A single drop of blood matters
A single act of compassion can mean the world to someone in need. Last November 18, 2022, Burlington Industries hosted a blood donation activity in collaboration with Philippine Red Cross, Makati. Company employees participated and shared a selfless act of blood donation.
May of 2022, Burlington x Akyat Aral
Last May 27-30, 2022, Burlington partnered with a Non-Profit Organization in Burdeos Island, in the province of Quezon. To give families, children and educators a fund through Burlington’s initiative of “Give Pack in Every Pack”. With the help and generosity of the customers, the campaign was able to donate 800 packs that were immediately transported to Akyat Aral.